For a gluten-free, refined sugar-free breakfast food, this is as delicious as they come. Top with Grass-fed butter, and real maple syrup or fruit. Filling and nutritious! A hit, even with the kids!
- 8 Egg Whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 C. plus 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Flax
- 1/2 C. milk, dairy or coconut (not fat-free)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. almond or peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- coconut oil for oiling waffle maker
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites and salt until stiff peaks are formed. Set aside.
- In another large bowl or measuring cup, combine all other ingredients except coconut flour. Sift, or slowly incorporate coconut flour into ingredients to create less clumping. When well mixed, fold in egg whites until all combined.
- In a well-oiled and heated waffle maker, scoop between 1/4 and 1/3 c. waffle batter into maker. Cook until slightly browned, or to your liking. Top with butter, fresh or frozen fruit, and real maple syrup.