A creamy, flavorful soup that is so simple a child can make it. The best part? It’s healthy for you!
The BEST Broccoli Cheese Soup Ever
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut or Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder, or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped, or 1 Tbsp. minced, dried onion
- 1 ½ tsp. Sea or himalayan sea salt
- 4 C. chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. or 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 head or 1 bag cauliflower- fresh is best
- 2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- In a large stock pot, add oil. When warm, add spices, sauteeing only for a few seconds. With fresh onion and garlic, saute until garlic begins to sizzle, and onion softens. Add broth. While that is heating, wash and chop cauliflower. When broth begins to boil, add cauliflower, and boil for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft. Reduce heat to low. Using an immersion blender, blend all of the cauliflower until broth and cauliflower have incorporated, and the texture is smooth. A better option may be your blender if it can withstand the heat. Transfer only half of the broth with all of the cauliflower to the blender, and blend on high until completely blended. Return to your pan and stir cauliflower blend together with the original broth... Now add your cheeses, and stir until completely melted. An immersion blender will help to incorporated all of the stray shreds of cheese and smooth the texture. Now add broccoli, and simmer on low until broccoli is soft.
- There you have it! Add extra pepper jack for a little kick, and add more salt and pepper to taste, although it should be just right with the salt and heat from the cheese! Enjoy in a bread bowl, or with a piece of crusty sourdough bread! YUM!!